After making the toile for the first one, I showed it to a friend from work, who used to work as a pattern cutter. She suggested some changes to the fit - adding a centimetre to the top of the shoulders and bringing it in slightly at the sides. The back was also a bit loose, so I made adjustments there too, as well as adding an inch in length.
Sencha 2 - Fabric from a charity shop. The hem looks a bit wonky here, but it isn't - just the way I'm standing, I think
So...next project....I've got a very simple patten for a shift dress which I'm planning to make in some Ikea fabric. I've started the toile already and as it's a summery kind of dress, am hoping to get it made soon, making the most of any sunny weather we might possibly be getting in the near future....
Cecilia Fabric from Ikea
More on the dress next time, and a nicer photo of the fabric!