Anyway, I'm also posting about the Stylish Blogger award I have kindly been awarded by Roisin of the Dolly Clackett blog. As she's such a stylish lady I am counting this as quite a compliment! So, the idea is that I have to link back to the person who gave me the award, give 7 facts about myself and nominate 7 others. I thought it was a nice idea, and as my own blog doesn't really cover much of the rest of my life beyond making and finding (it's not very interesting otherwise) it was a nice chance to share a bit more about myself.
Here are 7 facts about me...
- I love watching professional darts. So much so that on our wedding night, my husband and I went to watch a darts tournament. I'm not fussed on playing because I hate doing the scoring (mental arithmetic, ugh). It's a very under-rated sport but addictive, honestly!
- I got married last year, and we had 9 guests at our wedding (close family) and only told all our friends about it a few days before.
- I love Radio 4 and listen to it every morning (the Today programme is surely the best morning news programme in the world, bar none) and frequently throughout the day. I particularly love it at night when I catch the shipping forecast, National Anthem and Sailing By. I don't listen to them on purpose but it feels quite special, and like being part of a long standing British Tradition to hear them.
- I like it when the phrase 'mandarin' gets used on the news, in the context of 'Whitehall Mandarin' or similar, as I like to imagine an orange wearing a hat, but embroiled in a serious political issue. (Yes, that one is really silly!)
- I enjoy a good cheesy action film - the more low budget and badly scripted the better.
- I do enjoy a Sausage and Egg Bagel from McDonalds every now and then - I never usually eat at McDonalds or Burger King but somehow I developed a liking for the sausage and egg bagel, which comes with a piece of processed cheese that sticks to the back of your teeth as soon as you eat it.
- I still watch Neighbours. It's so silly and throwaway, but I just love it. Watching Neighbours also means I can participate in the wonderful 'Art of Neighbours' group on Facebook, where people submit poor renderings of scenes from the show, made using MS Paint. It's really fun.
- Kristen of Kristenmakes. She creates such beautiful knits and designs her own patterns.
- Jane of Handmade Jane is a super-productive seamstress with a great eye for pattern and a very enviable sewing room!
- Debi of My Happy Sewing Place who creates just amazing outfits from vintage patterns
- Roobeedoo, who sews and knits, and makes lovely socks that might be enough to persuade me to try sock knitting myself.
- Lucy from Tête en l'Air who has very nearly completed her list of 28 things to do before she's 29 and makes a lovely variety of crafty creations
- Becca of Knit Happens, Jane Austen fan and knitter
- Shivani of Pins and Needles, a new blogger and sewer who already has a gorgeous selection of fabrics to work with (yes, I am jealous!)