My knitting class has been great but is a culprit in filling my head with new things - a cabled hat one week, then a shawl and then socks. I also developed a mini-obsession with vintage patterns and really need to be strict with myself so I must make at least 2 of them before I think about buying any more. On top of this, I started making a skirt, which I ended up making too small, so put to the side and then started my Advance 7968 dress, on which I've been trying to get the fit right. So, er, I've since started cutting out the fabric for another Beignet skirt. Bad! I need to finish SOMETHING. So, I thought I'd try and set some sewing goals to keep me in line...
- Advance 7968 to be finished by my birthday (March 20th)
2. Finish my Oatmeal Pullover this weekend (easy, it's nearly done!)
3. Sort out the fit issues with my skirt, Simplicity 7995 (View 2) made using leftover wool from my first Beignet, and finish making it by the 27th March
4. Cut the lining fabric for my Beignet and have it finished by the 10th April
5. Finish my mini shawl from knitting class at some point - I'll post pictures this weekend of my progress.
Then what? I'm keen to try making a blouse using this pattern;
Views 4 and 5 use jersey or knit fabric, which I've never sewn with before, but would like to try. Any tips?
I also need to find the perfect fabric for this dress too;
So much to do, but I'm hoping that setting some targets will help me get on with things. I'm looking forward to having some new things to wear too, finally!
How do you organise your projects - or not! Do you plan them ahead or have a few on the go at once?