It's a year since I made the first post on my blog - Happy birthday to meeeeeeee! Over the course of the year I have loved writing here and being part of the online sewing community. I have developed a list of favourite blogs that I look forward to reading and have found that keeping my own blog has really made me challenge myself and develop my sewing skills. I feel I have grown in confidence with sewing a lot in the past year, and this has been in no small part to sewalongs in which I have participated, projects like 'Me Made June' and all of the tips, advice and inspiration available online.
A big thank you to everyone who reads and comments. I love reading comments on my blog - it's so gratifying to know that someone out there is reading. It is great to get comments from new people but equally I love hearing from people who comment regularly, and seeing what they have to say about things I have made.
To say thank you, to celebrate my blog-birthday, and as is the tradition in blogland (much like that tradition where you bring cakes into work on your own birthday!), I am holding a giveaway, which I am also using as a chance to get some more inspiration.....
There are two lots of things up for grabs:
1. A pattern - a brand new and unused Butterick vintage reissue 1950s pattern, B5032. This is for a dress with capelet, overskirt, cummerbund sash and belt. It is a multi-size pattern which covers sizes 6 - 12 (Bust sizes 30 1/2 - 34 inches) and is labelled as 'Easy'.
2. Some vintage buttons - 3 different types, 17 in total:
6 blue buttons, with a design around the edge
6 purple buttons with a lovely deco-style design
5 smaller purple buttons which match the set of 6
If you would like to enter, here's what to do:
- Be a follower of this blog
- Comment below, stating if you want to be entered in the draw for 'Pattern', 'Buttons' or 'Pattern & Buttons'
- If you have one, please tell me what your favourite pattern is - I'm just being nosy, and I'm always interested in finding about about patterns I haven't heard of before
- If you mention the giveaway on your own blog you can have another entry, please just leave another comment below saying you've mentioned it on your own blog
Entry is open to blog readers everywhere.
Good luck and looking forward to hearing from you!