2011 Tops & a skirt
Making quite a lot of stuff, it seems. When I counted up what I'd made this year I was quite astounded to find I had made 25 items this year, namely;
8 dresses, 5 tops, 5 skirts, 1 cardigan, 1 jumper, 1 pair of socks, 3 shawls/neckwarmers and 1 hat.
And that's only the things I've made for myself - I do occasionally make things for other people. I know, I know, I'm so generous.
What's really nice is that many of these things form the basis of my wardrobe. Most days I wear at least one thing I've made, which makes me really pleased.
At the start of the year I wrote about some things I wanted to achieve this year, so let's see how I got on...
- Cable cardigan in 4 ply from Debbie Bliss Land Girl book - Abandoned when I found I didn't enjoy knitting it, only for me to later find a carpet beetle larvae munching it
- Oatmeal Pullover, with a narrower neckline - Made it, turned out too small and I never wear it
- Make more clothing instead of buying it - Done!
- Gain a better understanding of fit. I've ordered Real Fit for Real People, which I hope will help explain some of the mysteries to me - I think I understand fit a bit better now through trial and error. Honestly, I didn't get much out of the book, I found the 1990s pictures too distracting. I know, I have no vision.
- Design a knitting pattern - Done! For a hat and a scarf, but I haven't blogged about them or written them up yet!
- DE-STASH. I'm not too bad with fabric but have a lot of wool. I need to prioritise this when selecting knitting projects. Hmmm. A little. I have been pretty good. But I definitely have more fabric.
- Continue sewing clothing and enjoying it. Done. And isn't this the most important one?
And next year?
More knitting, sewing and thrifting (of course), with the Crafters' Ceilidh to kick off the year. And as I now have nearly 100 followers, I promise some giveaways when I reach the magic number.
Thanks for reading!