****************SIGN UP NOW CLOSED! SWAP PARTNER INFORMATION COMING SOON......**************
It's nearly the summer! And what better way to celebrate than by participating in the Summer Sewing Swap. It's the first time I have hosted a swap so I am excited and a little nervous to see how this goes. If YOU would like to take part, and receive a parcel of sewing goodies hand-picked for you, here's how it's going to work:
- You need to be an active blogger to take part, and so that your swap partner can stalk your blog to see what you like. You should have updated your blog in the last month and be interested in sewing (of course!).
- You will spend up to a maximum of £15 (or local equivalent - that's US$24.11 according to xe.com) purchasing sewing-related items to send to your partner. These can be new/vintage/thrifted, whatever.
- The items may include fabric, patterns, trims, buttons or similar but use your imagination to choose what you think your partner might like. Although the swap is centred around sewing, you can include other crafty items if your partner is into different crafts too.
- You should send a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 items (you don't have to count buttons or other notions individually though, just use your initiative here!)
- The maximum spend amount doesn't include postage. I think it would be nice to make the swap as international as possible so that participants are sending parcels internationally, but please state if you would prefer a partner from the same country and I will try to match that.
- I thought it would be fun if one of your swap items is something that is from where you live, just to add a bit of local colour :-) Interpret that direction as you wish!
Leave a comment below to say if you want to participate and I will try my best to match you up with a partner after the sign-up date has passed. I will keep the sign-up open until 5pm GMT on Sunday 3rd June and will post shortly after that to let you know who your partner is, and what the dates are by which your partner should have received their parcel. I'll keep the timelines quite generous on this, so you have about 6 weeks from swap partner announcement to the receiving of parcels.
Once the partners are announced, it will be up to you to contact your partner to get their address. You can choose if you want to ask them questions about what they might like, or if you want to make it a surprise.
Is anyone in for a swap then?
p.s Acknowledgement for the structure of the swap is due to Lakota of Faith, Hope & Charity Shopping who organised an excellent swap in which I participated last year. Cheers Lakota!