The Summer Sewing Swap is officially GO! Below you will find a list of all the swap partners.
Once you have found out who your partner is, it's up to you to contact them via email or blog comment to say hello and get their postal address. You can of course look at their blog to see what they might like, but you might also want to message them to ask a few questions if you'd like a bit more guidance for what to include in your swap package.
As this works on trust, it's all up to you swappers to ensure the swap goes smoothly, but do let me know by email if you are having a problem getting in touch with your partner or if you have any questions.
The deadline for the swap to be completed, with packages received by your partner is Wednesday 18th July, 6 weeks from today.
Here's a reminder of the swap structure that I posted before:
- You need to be an active blogger to take part, and so that your swap partner can stalk your blog to see what you like. You should have updated your blog in the last month and be interested in sewing (of course!).
- You will spend up to a maximum of £15 (or local equivalent - that's US$24.11 according to xe.com) purchasing sewing-related items to send to your partner. These can be new/vintage/thrifted, whatever.
- The items may include fabric, patterns, trims, buttons or similar but use your imagination to choose what you think your partner might like. Although the swap is centred around sewing, you could include other crafty items if your partner is into different crafts too.
- You should send a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 items (you don't have to count buttons or other notions individually though, just use your initiative here!)
- The maximum spend amount doesn't include postage. I think it would be nice to make the swap as international as possible so that participants are sending parcels internationally, but please state if you would prefer a partner from the same country and I will try to match that.
- I thought it would be fun if one of your swap items is something that is from where you live, just to add a bit of local colour :-) Interpret that rather vague direction as you wish!
When can I post about what I've received?
You can post about your received package on your blog whenever you like, and I will do a round-up post a week after the swap deadline so that everyone can post links to their own blog posts (Wow, there are a lot of 'posts' in that sentence!). Then we can all be nosey and see what everyone received.
If you're taking part, you might like to add the 'button' to your blog. You can save the image above to your computer, and then add it to the sidebar of your blog as an image and link it to here:
Helen's Sewing Adventures AND Hazel of Disaster in a Dress
StephC of 3 Hours Past The Edge of the World AND Tilly of Tilly and the Buttons
Gingermakes AND Lladybird
Kylie of Lucy Violet Vintage AND Miss P
The Craftytraveller AND Prttynpnk of Pretty Grievances
Cation Designs AND Jane of Handmade Jane
Shivani of Pins and Needles AND Mika of Savory Stitches
Suzie of Su Sews So-So AND Dibs and the Machine
Annabelle of Annabellebumps AND Roisin of Dolly Clackett
Lenora Jane of The Big Dipper Said AND Kerry of Kestrel Finds and Makes
Valerie of Sew Cranky AND Mumasu of Mumasu's Moments
Marie of A Sewing Odyssey AND Katie of The Little Red Squirrel
House of Pinheiro AND Chic Envelopments
Tina of Down the Retro Rabbithole AND Melizza of Pincushion Treats
shawntasews AND Sigrid of Analog Me
Leah Franqui of Struggle Sews a Straight Seam AND Stitch and Witter
Sew Eclectic AND Yvette Friendship of Sew Today Wear Tomorrow
Twisted Yarns of The Very Best Jumper AND Red Silvia of Sil's Fab Knit Blog
ingemaakt AND Sew on Trend
Sian Lile of Sian Lile Makes AND MrsC of The Hectic Eclectic
I'm so excited to be hosting the swap, and hope you'll all enjoy picking things for your partner, and maybe finding out about some new blogs along the way too.
Ladies, Let the swapping commence!