If you follow A Stitching Odyssey, you'll know all about the Vintage Sewing Pattern Pledge, which has just been launched for this year. Last year I took part and managed to sew seven items from vintage sewing patterns.
This year, I am co-hosting! I'm really excited as Marie and I have a range of posts to bring you - interviews, inspiration, giveaways and prizes. It's going to be bigger and better than ever!
If you love to sew with vintage patterns, be sure to sign up at A Stitching Odyssey here. If you're not sure whether you're up for joining here's a few things to keep in mind:
- You can sew as many or as few items as you like, this is totally up to you. You might want to choose one or two if you're new to vintage, or do a whole wardrobe.
- Patterns up until the 1990s are eligible - yes that's a bit depressing that the 90s are considered vintage, but it opens up more possibilities for pattern choice, at least
- Reproduction patterns are included
- It's not just about 1950s dresses! You don't have to dress like you're from a black and white film to use vintage patterns. I personally love to see some love for patterns from the 1970s and 80s, where you will find pretty and practical garments. You can also sew accessories or toys and bags from vintage patterns, if that's more your thing. Some knitters have expressed an interest in taking part too, and are very welcome to join.
- We will have prizes at the end of the year!
We would love to be able to feature some pattern collections on our blogs, so please do get in touch.
Once you've started making, you can let Marie and I know about your makes by tweeting using the #vintagepledge hashtag, commenting on our blogs or contacting us on the email addresses above. We will be pinning all makes to the Pinterest board.
This is my pledge;
During 2015, I, Kerry of Kestrel Makes will sew up at least four of my vintage sewing patterns.
Last year I went for three patterns and managed seven but this year I was still being cautious as I have a few non-vintage projects planned for the near future. I've only definitely decided on one vintage pattern I'll be sewing, which is not a garment. However I will definitely be delving into my beloved New Look Maudella collection, and I have a whole pile bought before Christmas that I haven't even blogged about. I think I developed a bit of an addiction...
Anyway, I hope some of you will be joining Marie and me as we spread the vintage pattern love - head over to A Stitching Odyssey for sign up and blog buttons