During May I made 3 versions of the pattern;
Here's my trio in action:
1. Wearable muslin to test hollow chest adjustment, made from a bargain £5/m Liberty Tana lawn. I'm not wild about the fabric but it's nice for a Spring/Summer wardrobe
2. Made from a voluminous 1970s cotton lawn dress I planned to re-style, but it wasn't working so I started from scratch. I kept the pin tuck detail on the sleeves and finished the neckline with turquoise bias binding from my stash
3. Made from a beloved Liberty Tana Lawn. I love it and the Scout is perfect to show off a great patterned fabric.
Here are a couple of detail shots:
Look how well the neckline lies, plus I just adore this fabric, combining favourite colours of mine
Pintuck detail on sleeves. I love the turquoise flowers
Although the standard alteration I always make to patterns is lengthening, I have been wearing high waisted jeans recently and wonder if a shorter length is actually more flattering and practical with this style. I decided to take up the hem of my wearable muslin version and like the result.
For now though, I'm going to give Scout a break and move on to something else. All 6 of my versions are getting regular wear and I'm delighted to have put in the time to work on the fit so it'll be ready for me to return to in the future.