I'm back to host August's events for the Vintage Pattern Pledge. I hope you've been sewing up a storm with your vintage patterns during July. Don't forget that there are prizes at the end of the year. Marie and I have been working away to get some great prizes, which we hope to reveal soon. We've got some excellent goodies for you and we're both sad that we're not eligible to win them ourselves.
Anyway, this month we have a giveaway too - a fabric bundle from our generous sponsors Minerva Crafts
The bundle consists of:
- A black and grey floral print viscose (about a metre, ideal for a blouse or summer top)
- An ivory embroidered tonal suedette fabric (about a metre, ideal for a pencil skirt)
- A grey textured boucle suiting fabric (about a metre, ideal for a short shift dress or skirt)
- A lovely woven textured linen in a soft ivory colours (about 2 metres, ideal for a summer dress, a shirt, summer tops or a skirt)
Sound good? Here's how to enter:
1. Go to Minerva Crafts website and pick your favourite fabric - they have an incredibly comprehensive selection so I'm sure there is something for everyone
2. Comment below to tell me what your favourite fabric is, and make sure your email is included or can be easily found in your profile
The competition is open WORLDWIDE and will close at 5pm UK time on Friday 28th August, after which time I will pick a winner at random.
Here are my Top 3 fabric picks:
Polka dots and chambray are a classic choice: Spotty Chambray
This gorgeous Geometric Cotton Lawn would be perfect for a summer top or dress
This 'French Words' cotton lawn has a real vintage look to it that I love
This month I will be posting about 1970s inspiration and Marie will be hosting the pattern stash interview with EM Designs,