Here are some 'before' pictures:
It was a bit of a pink and purple mess, with really badly painted edges. There were a couple of different types (ages) of plug socket and the coving had a gap in it.
First step was stripping old wallpaper, which had been painted over many times and was pretty stubborn - followed by lots of filling and sanding.
We ended up getting the room rewired and put up new coving too and all the woodwork was painted a nice gloss white
After watching a few Youtube videos and gathering our supplies, we tackled wallpapering for the first time ever! The lining paper was a good practice:
I'd bought this animal wallpaper before we even moved in, and I think we did a really good job of putting it up. Though the wallpapering in the rest of the house looks like it was done by a drunk man with one arm, so it wouldn't be hard to beat that.
One side was patterned and the other plain. Here's my first attempt....whoops! I did manage to get it evened out later though,
There's room for a couple of handmade friends and the cloud wall hanging I made when Miss Kestrel was a baby:
This is how it mostly looks - I think she's trying to do headstands!