I made two pages last year:
You can read the post about those here.
Although Miss Kestrel was becoming more interested in the initial two pages, they needed to be in a book format to be a bit more significant. I decided to make two more pages as well as a cover and back page, reckoning that I could see how interested she was to see if it was worth making any more. Here's what I made:
A happy giraffe with ribbons to tie on its neck. The pattern called for purchased fringing to make the hair on its neck but I was SUPER chuffed with myself for finding the selvedge of some chunky brown cord fabric to use instead.
A hippo bus driver - of course! I was really pleased that I was able to use scrap and stash fabrics and notions for both pages. This is satisfying not just because it saves buying anything else, but also because it makes you more creative to work within the boundaries of what you have.vliesofix and appliqued on to the page. You then machine applique the letters and I hand embroidered the details. You can see the size of the apostrophe - try peeling backing paper off that and machine applique-ing around it! I'm really pleased with how the letters look since I know how bloody fiddly they were to apply.
I did have to buy a set of Prym Vario Pliers to put in the eyelets (thanks to Katy of The Littlest Thistle for her guidance on this!) but I will be able to use these in the future to put in all kinds of eyelets and snaps so they are an investment. I found them really easy to use too, although the instructions you get with them aren't much cop.
I'm really pleased to have finally made what actually looks like a proper book!